Welcome visitor!

We, the diligent workers of N. Tep Enterprises welcome you with open arms and well wishes.

N. Tep Enterprises is dedicated to bringing you the finest of products be it from our Cryptozoology department, courtly intrigue or our resident artists.

Please, browse and enjoy.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Odd New York.

I suppose there are a lot of blogs out there that examine unusual things in New York City.  But I think it's worthwhile to note that this city is full of both strange people, strange places, and strange things.
One day, a nice bright shining fall day, I was wandering around by Grand Central Station.  When I noticed that a pile of trash had caught on fire.  For no apparent reason.  Easily one of the strangest things I've ever seen, and to this day, the only time I've called 911.
Also in Manhattan.  The set-up to this was better when I was there.  I was on lunch when I worked in a horrible HORRIBLE retail place on 33 and Broadway, when I saw bubbles, big iridescent soap bubbles, floating at what would be the second floor level of the buildings around me.  At first, naturally, I though they might be the Colour Out of Space, come to rob me of my vitality (this is a frequent worry of mine).  It turns out there was someone selling bubbles and bubble wands on the street corner.
On of many memes in my apartment is shouting "BEES!" and running in horror.  I just felt this van's sticker was highly amusing.
The subways stop in Queens, on Hillside ave, sometimes finds itself...growing pods.  I didn't grab a sample, but the Professor claimed he KNEW exactly what these pods were.  He's not gotten back to me for a year and a half on it, as he is prone to vanishing in jungles for months, sometimes years, on end.
Also in Queens, closer to my apartment.  A fork stuck (or growing..?) by the sidewalk in the tiny little park across the street.  WHY!?
A milk crate full of seemingly unopened peanut-butter jars in the dumpster.  I can't begin to fathom why this happened or what drove a person to do it.  Perhaps it was cursed peanut-butter.

Last but not least...
I'm a runner.  I'm one of those crazy people who put on stupid looking clothes and subject myself to the heat and the sun and working my body to its limits but running from nothing.

Well, when the zombies come we'll see who's laughing...

I spotted something odd in the woods one day while I was out pounding the pavement. 
Naturally, I had to investigate.

It was a whole ream of college ruled paper.  Sitting on a log.
Sometimes there's weird stuff without anything preternatural going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unwanted comments will be redacted.
Unwanted commenters will be expunged.

Examine the archives

Contributors