Welcome visitor!

We, the diligent workers of N. Tep Enterprises welcome you with open arms and well wishes.

N. Tep Enterprises is dedicated to bringing you the finest of products be it from our Cryptozoology department, courtly intrigue or our resident artists.

Please, browse and enjoy.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Der Großmann serach continues.

Last week, I had an extensive post regarding the German faerie story about Der Großmann-the Tall Man.

Apprentice's wood cut of Der Großmann.

I still haven't gotten permission from the library to photocopy the sodding woodcut (damn antiquated books rules) but I did send out some e-mails to my colleagues at the ESS and got back a few interesting results.
This one, from (I think) the late 1880s.  The Tall Man is on the left.



One of the Bostonian ESS gentlemen sent me this with a message:
"Yo, got your email, found this on a SIM card I found in the park.  Loks [sic] like that thing you were talking abot[sic].  Day I found it, I scanned the police reports.  Surprize surprize [sic], missing person report filed that morning."

And lastly, I was looking through some of my personal accumulated photos.  Ever since Dr. Jones had told me about his numerous ghost sightings in New York, I've paid more attention and looked a lot closer.  I dropped a contrast filter on a batch form around my neighborhood to see if there was anything unusual I had missed.  
If you can spot it you get a cookie.


Here, let me just point it out:
Sweet Mary, Jesus and Joseph in a birch-bark canoe smoking Cuban cigars.

I took this in August, 2008 From my window during this sudden rainstorm.  And that would appear to be a ten foot tall blank-faced man in a suit by the tree.

The really scary part about that one, the thing at really worries me, is that it looks like it's looking at my building.  We have families in the building, some with young kids.  A few of them on my floor.  After I noticed this I did some searching, but there were no missing persons reports...still frightening.

Also; a word on the hands: I managed to get some translations done, Dr. Redgrave sent me some ciphers when he read the post.  Should be able to post a translation in a few days...

6 comments:

  1. Please please please please keep posting on here. I am also following Der Großman, The Tall Man, Slender Man, or whatever other name you wish to call him. This website has been an enormous help and if you would like any assistance i will gladly lend a hand. However you obviously have access to things i do not. so please dont give up on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Der großmann. my mother is from Hovelhoff, Germany. as Am I. She has a frekenburg woodcut recreation and told me from a young age of the boogy man. If you dont listen to your elders the tall man will get you. She has many old books and Her father said he once saw the tall man after stealing a neighbors toy as a child.
    Mine name is Skop. And I should not talk any more about this. While people make fun of this story it was a legit way to scare kids into behaving. My grandfather to this day tells all of the children Der Großmann stories, while he is old, his memory of when he thought he saw him is crystal clear and he is always afraid of it stalking him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant say much but i know he is following me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the love a god stay away from trees because for some reason it cant leave thickets or forest for very long it is a tip i pass on to my fellow man

      Delete
    2. i have trees in my backyard nigga how am i suppose to stay awy from trees

      Delete
  4. how do i know if he is following me??someone pls reply

    ReplyDelete

Unwanted comments will be redacted.
Unwanted commenters will be expunged.

Examine the archives

Contributors