Welcome visitor!

We, the diligent workers of N. Tep Enterprises welcome you with open arms and well wishes.

N. Tep Enterprises is dedicated to bringing you the finest of products be it from our Cryptozoology department, courtly intrigue or our resident artists.

Please, browse and enjoy.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Shun!

I love drawing monsters.  And I love absurdest literature.  So, Alice's adventures in wonderland is one of my favorite things ever.  Specifically, the Jabberwocky.  It is awesome.
Snickersnack
 This illustration was done by a gentleman named John Tenniel and is exceptional, at least for me, because he's wearing a vest.  HILARIOUS.
It also has the mention of two other creatures that have been embellished by other artists (who I totally stalk on twitter):  The jubjub bird and the bandersnatch.  Carol was always vague as to what these looked like.  So, I took a stab at the frumonious bandersnatch.
Shun the frumonious bandersnatch!
Because somehow the word "frumonious" makes me think poisonous.
Now, some may know, I work two jobs (have for almost a year) and one of them is at night at a school for medical and dental assistants.  People who aren't clever enough to be dentists or nurses.
They have, two or three times a year, a national phlebotomy (blood drawing) exam.  
I have to baby sit for it.
On a Saturday.
For regular pay.
It is one of many facts I hate the job.
BUT THEN I DREW THE JUBJUB BIRD AND EVERYTHING WAS OK!
I so loved the little detail of the Jabberwocky wearing a vest that Edwardian fashion came into my jubjub and bandersnatch.  The bandersnatch is wearing a bowler, the jubjub bird has a monocle and spats.
Spats=classy, it is a scientific fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unwanted comments will be redacted.
Unwanted commenters will be expunged.

Examine the archives

Contributors